Wednesday, January 9, 2008

'verify /md5' is nothing, still ..a valid magic number

I really really under preasure yesterday in lunch time. I have critical a network with one of PE from MPLS, PE really really critical, router still on but many have error undercontrol, lost of ability from the a76 series router. So my team dedicate to uprade IOS version with new disk. Old disk in disk0 with 128MB compact flash memory and new disk with new IOS version in disk 1 with 256MB compact flash memory.

Before lunch time I already 'verify /md5' new IOS version but boot failed :(

Loading image, please wait ...

device does not contain a valid magic number
loadprog: error - on file open
boot: cannot load bla bla bla

and then rommon prompt


As long as I know 'verify /md5' is guarantee to work well, but I never know tutorial or document about it from Cisco.

Finally I format from IOS command use 'format disk1:/' and then upload IOS image use FTP use 'copy ftp://user:password@host-ftp/image.bin disk1:/image.bin'. Try boot again work well :).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello awa,

Finally I've made my JIT for dynamips on PowerPC hosts running.
A good new is it's 2 or more times faster as Chris said and I expected. A bad new is it's based on a very old branch (by which I mean, 0.2.6) and I had to make some lot changes before I can port it to the current one, as a result of the PowerPC targets introduced in 0.2.7.

Anyway, contact me if u want.

Regards,
Zhe

Unknown said...

Er, forget …
r.zh.fang#gmail.com