Thursday, January 3, 2008

'IP Source Binding' for Static IP & Mac Address

A few days ago my friend ask about static IP & Mac address, want to help his customer about static IP address & mac address for LAN. I said can use 'dhcp snooping', I ever read about binding host information like IP and mac address in Cisco Switch dynamicly database using DHCP database or static but I don't know implement it.

Today I try in Cisco Switch Catalyst 3560 IOS version 12.2(35)SE1 (C3560-Advipservicesk9-M work well.
Before it I try in Cisco Router 3660 IOS version 12.2(13) (C3660-JS-M) with NM-16ESW module failed, there is no 'ip source binding' command, 'ip verify source port-security' and 'ip dhcp snooping' command.

I will show step about static IP & Mac
- ip source binding IOS command just work in several IOS version, I still confuse what type of IOS version can do it
- just work in 'switchport mode' interface
- a mac address can't multiply IP address
- a IP adress can multiply mac address

#conf t
#ip dhcp snooping --> to active snooping
#ip dhcp snooping vlan 44 --> specific work in vlan 44

#ip source binding 0123.4567.8901 vlan 44 192.168.0.1 interface Fa0/44

#interface Fa0/44
#ip verify source port-security --> to verify source IP & Mac address

No comments: